Live from the Kiva Conference Call:
- Defaults: FSME and Health Africa ceased to exist. Ebony Foundation loans were defaulted because Ebony failed to repay
- There are payment problems with 2 providers
- Eastern Europe portfolios are hard hit by economic downturn. 3 partners are problematic
- Future plans for research project on alternative ways to display loans on the site (e.g. dashboard) – see related ‘popularity issue‘ discussion here
- MFIs are working on updates on the impacts of recent Tsunamis (Samoa, Philippines) – will come in the next weeks.
- Q&A touched transparency – one question was how much can be revealed on the homepage and how much needs to be one click away on the help page (e.g. descriptions on processes like net billing)