Lendico is a p2p lending service with consumers as borrowers and has been rolled out in 6 national markets so far. See my previous articles on Lendico for more details. Lendico management did not give any official figures on loan origination amounts in the past. That’s the reason that Lendico is not included in my monthly loan volume stats tables. But in the context of the Rocket Internet IPO some figures and estimates became available.
An estimate says that Lendico Germany originated 1 million EUR loan volume in the first 6 months of 2014. The following are hard (official) figures:
- Lendico loan volume stats for month ending Jan, 31st 2014: 2,343 loan applications received, 23 loans issued, 112K EUR loan volume originated
- Lendico loan volume stats for month ending June, 30st 2014: 5,675 loan applications received, 65 loans issued, 376K EUR loan volume originated
- Lendico number of unique visitors in month ending Jan, 31st 2014: 46K
- Lendico number of unique visitors in month ending Jun, 30st 2014: 143K
- Lendico net loss in 2013 was 3.2 million EUR. Note that Lendico launched in Dec. 2013
- Rocket Internet states Lendico valuation to be 120 million EUR in July 2014
Zencap is a p2p lending service where investors lend to SMEs. Zencap is available in Germany and Spain. See my previous articles on Zencap for more details. Since Zencap issues larger loans than Lendico I had included Zencap in my monthly loan volume tables based on my own estimations.
New (official) figures on Zencap:
- Zencap (Germany) loan volume since inception: 2 million Euro
- Zencap (Germany) borrower count: about 50
- Zencap (Germany) investor count: over 1,800
- Zencap loan volume stats for month ending June, 30st 2014: 34 loan applications received, 3 loans issued, 198K EUR loan volume originated
- Zencap number of unique visitors in month ending Jun, 30st 2014: 17.7K
- Rocket Internet states Zencap valuation to be 86 million EUR in June 2014
The Zencap loan portfolio is very young. As far as I am aware no defaults have become known so far.
(Source: own research based on press articles, Rocket Internet and Zencap documents and P2P-Kredite.com forum)